In 2020, we rebranded as transform GSO, a name that reflects the transformative power of our space and the amazing community it brings to Greensboro. Since our founding, transform GSO has housed and supported hundreds of businesses and members.
In fall of 2021, transform GSO expanded into nearby 111 Bain Street in the historic Gateway Building. Greensboro Chamber’s Launch Greensboro program for Entrepreneurs resides here, partnering with transform GSO to establish the perfect hub for start-ups, early-stage companies, and divisions within corporations.
Additionally, the Bain Street property houses downtown’s newest and most flexible meeting and events space, Elm & Bain.
The two transform GSO properties are a pleasant one-minute stroll apart. Members often take a little longer, lingering in the gardens that connect the locations.
The leadership team strives to live and work by 6 Core Values:
Help us build a fun place to work where we can share our talents and interests.
We value collaboration and cooperation. This is a respectful place where it is safe to share ideas, inspirations, and creativity.
Drive Forward with Purpose
We want to fill our community with people who have a strategic vision and the courage and determination to accomplish that vision.
We value everyone’s hopes, dreams, and visions for the future! All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
Leave the World Better Than You Found It
Through individual action and our business models, we strive to care for the people, economy, and planet.
transform GSO wants to create an inclusive community where everyone feels welcome and can contribute equally.
Meet the transform GSO team
Community Manager – Lewis St
Shante’ Kirlew Higdon
Community Manager – Bain St
Meet our founders
Greensboro, NC 27406
111 Bain Street
Greensboro, NC 27406
Hours of Operation
8:30 AM-5 PM, M-F
24/7 for members and tenants
(smartphone required for after-hours access)
- New Year’s Day (January 1 or Federally Observed Date) We are closed 12/30/22 for New Year’s
- New Year’s Day 2023-2024 January 1 or Federally Observed Date
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- Presidents’ Day (Third Monday in February)
- Good Friday (Closed April 7, 2023 for Easter observed)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Juneteenth (June 19 or Federally Observed Monday)
- Independence Day (July 4 or Federally Observed Date)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Columbus/Indigenous People’s Day (Second Monday in October)
- Veterans Day (Second Friday in November)
- Thanksgiving & the day after (Fourth Thursday & Friday in November)
- Christmas (December 25 & 26 or Federally Observed Date)