Careers at transformGSO
FULL-TIME, SALARIED POSITION
REPORTS TO EXECUTIVE TEAM
The Executive Director leads the implementation of transformGSO’s strategic plan. Important elements of the plan include meeting financial goals, enhancing member experience, and developing a highly effective marketing and communication portfolio. This key full-time position requires a broad range of business development, organizational, community-building, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
TRANSFORM GSO’S STORY:
In 2014, through a collaboration between the HQ Raleigh (now Raleigh Founded) team and Greensboro’s Andy Zimmerman and Ken Causey, HQ Greensboro was launched in downtown Greensboro. The goal was to build a community for entrepreneurs in the Gate City and give them flexible and affordable space. In 2020, we changed our name to transformGSO. We chose this name because we feel it communicates the transformative power our space and amazing community brings to Greensboro.
In the seven years it has been in operation, transformGSO has housed hundreds of businesses and members. In the fall of 2021, transformGSO opened the doors to its second location at 111 Bain Street in the historic Gateway Building and became the new home of the Greensboro Chamber’s Launch Greensboro program for Entrepreneurs. The partnership between transformGSO and Launch Greensboro establishes the perfect hub for start-ups and early-stage companies in the Greensboro/Guilford County area.
- Sales and Business Development (30%)
- Develop and execute an operational plan for transformGSO, maximizing its earned revenue opportunities through membership dues, office rentals, special event rentals, programmatic fees, and sponsorships.
- Meet assigned revenue targets by generating business from new and existing clients, and coordinate opportunities from prospect through to fulfillment.
- Identify prospective sponsors and coordinate “pitch” meetings.
- Staff Development and Management (20%)
- Responsible for hiring, developing and managing 3-4 full-time and part-time employees.
- Recruit and supervise interns hired each year.
- Marketing and Communication (20%)
- Serve as the “Face of the Organization” with media, community partners, and all who visit or use transformGSO facilities.
- Manage marketing agency/contractors to bring marketing plans to fruition.
- Financial and Performance Management (10%)
- Submit weekly performance dashboard reporting to Executive Team.
- Responsible for all operational finance functions – payroll, accounts receivable, billings, and ad hoc (COVID-19 relief).
- Track and collect monthly rent and membership payments.
- Assists executive team with budget management and realization of financial goals.
- Client/Member Experience and Community Building (20%)
- Set standards for ensuring an exceptional member experience.
- Administer coworking software, Proximity, by creating, updating, and maintaining client accounts and managing sensitive financial and business information.
Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of relevant experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS NEEDED / PREFERRED:
- A strategic thinker
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A background in sales and/or business development preferred, ideally with a co-workspace organization
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with CRM systems
- A background in staff management
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Flexibility and the ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- A high degree of energy, engagement, and enthusiasm